- 2lbs organic chicken breasts
- 1 quart low sodium, organic chicken bone broth
- zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp raw/local honey
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- real salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pre-washed container spinach or baby kale
- 2, 10oz bags cauliflower rice
- 1 large avocado
- several cilantro or parsley leaves
- In the bowl of your slow cooker, place the broth, zest and juice of the lemons, onion, honey, garlic powder, coriander, oregano, cayenne, salt and black pepper. Whisk well to combine.
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker and “nuzzle” down into the sauce so the chicken is almost completely covered.
- Set slow cooker to low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Approximately 1 hour before the crockpot tells you it’s done, take two forks and gently shred the chicken to pull apart into desired-size pieces and add in cauliflower rice and stir to combine. Cover again and let it continue to cook.
- To serve, place 1 handful spinach/baby kale on the bottom of a bowl and top with a big helping of the lemon chicken/cauliflower rice. Garnish with avocado and fresh cilantro or parsley leaves.