Prep time: 20 min • Cook time: 25-30 min • Yield: 12 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon chili pepper
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup minced celery
- ¼ cup minced carrot
- ¼ cup minced walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line an 11-x 17-inch rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the beef, pepper, cayenne, and chili powder. Use your hands to mix well.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add the onions, celery, and carrots and cook until they’re translucent, about 4-minutes. Add the walnuts and sauté for an additional 2-minutes.
- Set the onion mixture aside until it’s cooked enough to handle. Combine the cooled mixture with the meat and form it into 24 meatballs, roughly 1-inch in size.
- Place meatballs on the lined baking pan and bake 25- to 30-minutes.
- Serve warm with Moroccan Dipping Sauce if desired.
- These meatballs are the best grab and go snacks!
- Freeze these and stock up.